If your smile isn’t all it could be, you’ll know what it can mean to be conscious of your smile. If dental imperfections such as gaps, chips, stains, or misalignment of the teeth are keeping you from being your most authentic self – you might want to consider cosmetic veneers.
Versatile porcelain veneers can take a drab smile and make it dazzle – they’re the perfect way to quickly and painlessly create a result that you’ll love. Our own Dr Hoang Nhan has the skills and training to give you your best smile. And all you’ve got to do to start is call TCare Dental Centre today for a consult.
What Are Cosmetic Veneer?
Most dental veneers are made of ultra-thin porcelain with the translucent look of a natural tooth. They can be crafted in the shape and size best suited to your smile – and can hide a number of dental issues with your teeth, including:
- $Patients who have gum recession that affects the look of their smile can also benefit from veneers. Ceramic veneers, in fact, are particularly useful in this situation.
- $Teeth that are misaligned or crooked, but the patient is not interested in months or years of orthodontic treatment
- $Teeth that are badly discolored beyond what can be treated with whitening products
- $Teeth that are too short and need lengthening for a more aesthetic look
- $Teeth that are chipped, broken or otherwise damaged
- $Teeth that are pitted or mottled
The Process of Having Cosmetic Veneer Put In
The process will differ from patient to patient, and it is not uncommon that some preliminary treatments take place first. But the process of having porcelain dental veneers put in will generally look something like this:
- $Trimming of the teeth that will anchor the veneer.
- $Taking the shade – to match any surrounding teeth.
- $Taking an impression – to form the inside of the veneer.
- $Taking an evaluation of the fit.
- $Bonding of the veneer to the anchor teeth.
Benefits Of Cosmetic Veneer
Veneers can dramatically change the look of your smile in just a few visits to the dental clinic. They’re a quick, safe, and effective way of producing a highly desirable result, and their benefits include:
- $Only a minimal amount of the tooth structure needs to be trimmed before the veneers are placed. This ensures the continued health of the teeth and the more predictable success rates of the veneers.
- $Veneers are a long-term cosmetic treatment, and with proper care, your veneers can last for many years.
- $Veneers offer an immediate cosmetic option for those patients who have misaligned teeth but who do not wish to undergo orthodontic treatment.
- $Gum-friendly full ceramic veneers are also available for those who might suffer from receded gums.
- $Unlike your natural teeth, which can become stained and require regular whitening touch-ups, veneers will stay white and bright.
Fill Your Front Teeth Gap With Cosmetic Veneer
Moreover, because the material is so durable, porcelain veneers are stain-resistant. Veneers will be a great way to improve and mimic your natural smile. Dr Hoang Nhan will design your veneers to suit your facial shape and colouring.
Frequently asked question.
What Are Dental Veneers?
What Are The Types of Veneers?
The most common types of material used for dental veneers are porcelain and composite bonding.
- Porcelain veneers are usually made in a lab and are ultra-thin. They are the most resistant to staining and can be shaped and coloured to suit your natural smile.
- Composite veneers are made of resin and are shaped and bonded to the tooth to improve its appearance.
Should I Choose Composite Bonding or Porcelain Veneers?
This depends entirely on your circumstances and your goals for getting veneers. If your teeth function correctly and you only require minor enhancements, composite bonding may be a suitable choice.
Porcelain veneers may suit you if you’re experiencing issues such as severely discoloured or spaced teeth. The experienced team at TCare Dental Centre will discuss the best option for you.
Why do I Need Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers can improve oral function when teeth are missing or spaced out and prevent further dental issues.
What Are The Advantages of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers can also be used to treat misalignment of teeth, and applying masks preserves a large amount of the tooth’s structure. In most cases, gum tissue also responds well to dental veneers, making them an ideal solution for many oral issues.
What Are The Drawbacks of Dental Veneers?
While veneers can improve the colour of your teeth, they are still prone to decay and discolouration without proper oral hygiene. Additionally, preparing the tooth for the veneer is non-reversible, which is a notable drawback of dental veneers.